13 Feb How to create a Self Love Date Night
If you’re reading this, you probably agree that looking after yourself first is the most important thing. When we look after ourselves first, our tanks are totally topped up, enabling us to show up like a sparkling goddess for those around us. By showing up for yourself, you will attract others that show up for you.
For the last few years, I have been advocating Self Love on Valentine’s Day (and any day throughout the year!), as a way to honour and love yourself the way you would a romantic partner. If you have a partner, you can totally fit them in too during Valentine’s Week, which is what I have promoted it to ;)
The Self Love Date Design
You will need:
- Pen & paper
- Fave food & drink
- A room to yourself
Change into your favourite outfit. What would be fun to wear? Prom dress? Killer heels? Hiphop street wear? Ask yourself: Which outfit would light me up? If you like to put on makeup and do your hair, take an extra little while and slap on some lovely face goop. FUN!
Close the door to a room you can have to yourself for the night. Take a seat and grab your journal. Take 15 mins over journalling these questions:
- What lights me up?
- What do your friends / family love about you?
- What do I love about myself?
- Where could I ask for support in my life?
- When was the last time I gave myself permission to relax and just be me?
- What are you grateful for today?
- What compliment would you like to hear?
Well done sugarplum! Journalling questions can sometimes bring up feelings and emotions. Let it all rise and flow out – the happy & the sad. Much healthier out than in. Now, grab your pen & paper. Look back to the last journalling question – ‘what compliment would you like to hear’. Write this compliment in big swirly happy writing across the paper. Write it with love and add whatever you feel is needed for the page to radiate out at you. Prop this gorgeous compliment up where you can see it. It is from Spirit (Universe / God) and they mean EVERY WORD.
Is your tummy rumbling? Time for your favourite food! Find your favourite songs on Spotify and plug in your earphones. Go make your dinner, pour your favourite drink and come back to your special Self Love Date room :)
Take time over eating your lovely dinner. Think about where it’s come from and imagine it going into your digestive system with love. Whether it’s comfort food or healthy food, if you eat it with love, it will have a more positive impact on your body. Remember to soak up your compliment during dinner! If you would like some dinner-time viewing, here’s something inspiring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5HV79_8B8. Otherwise, happi, mindful eating.
You now have multi-choice options for the main entertainment part of your evening, here are some ideas:
- Pamper night: Have a warm bath filled with oils and epsom salts, do an organic facial, give yourself a manicure and a lovely hand massage, whilst listening to soothing music by candlelight.
- Book night: get ALL THE CUSHIONS and make a little thrown. Have everything to hand, including snacks, drink, blanket, music, journal (in case of inspo) and settle in to read something that lights you up.
- Crafty night: Grab a pile of magazines and cut out each picture, colour or word that feels good to you. Stick it all on a bit of paper or in your journal for a feel good hit, something to look at to realign with the real you.
- Movie night: Pick something soul filling to watch that you wouldn’t normally.
Get yourself to bed nice and early, to start tomorrow on a great foot. Before you go to bed, open your journal once more and answer these Qs:
- What 3 things am I grateful for today?
- What small thing can I do tomorrow to move towards the life of my dreams?
- And remind yourself of that beautiful compliment you received tonight!
Take a snap of your date night & share it on Instagram to inspire others! Tag me so I can see it! @thehappiempire.
For more Self Love guidance, check out my Self Care Playbook full of exercises and prompts: